Athletics at Bridgton Academy
Bridgton Academy’s athletic reputation is well-deserved, and we continue to be an innovator and leader in postgraduate athletic development. And, with the addition of a new, 90,000-square foot artificial turf field and baseball diamond, we are in a better position than ever before to offer a college-level athletic experience to our teams.
We run our programs YEAR-ROUND, which means that even during traditional “off-season” periods for other prep schools, we are working with our athletes on strength and conditioning, film study and other prep – and the majority of our traditional “spring” sports (lacrosse, baseball) play two full schedules, one in the fall and one in the spring.
We follow a college model and compete at the collegiate level with our athletic programs – it is the perfect way to prepare for the next step.
Our programs are built on the following tenets on the field:
- Skill Development
- Tactical Planning and Implementation
- Mental Development
- Work Ethic
- Developing and embracing a role on a team
Off the field we have similar focus, concentrating on:
- Video breakdown
- Meeting with Coaches
- How to travel
- Developing Coachability
- Physical Development
- Strength & Conditioning
- Person about Campus
OUR STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of the Bridgton Academy Athletic Department is to provide a program of physical activity and education (in a competitive as well as recreational environment) that supports the mission of the school.
This is accomplished by:
- Providing a college-like environment that attracts the potential student-athlete who wishes to continue his athletic career at the collegiate level.
- Augmenting the academic program by supporting the attributes determined to be important for the college-bound student-athlete, such as task management, preparation, and review.
- Augmenting the residential life program by supporting the attributes that are coveted by college admissions counselors such as leadership, character, and responsibility.
- Giving student-athletes the opportunity to make themselves more attractive to colleges and universities by helping them develop their athletic and academic capabilities.
The athletic program supports the institution by developing a shared experience for coaches and athletes alike that reflect the tradition of over 200 years of success. By doing this, the program:
- Allows alumni opportunities and venues to gather and be connected to the institution.
- Expands the Bridgton Academy community well beyond the confines of the village of North Bridgton.
- Supports the admissions efforts of the institution by garnering name recognition and a reputation of challenge and success.
- Helps to provide an identity for the school as a world leader in post-graduate education and athletic development.
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR: Aaron Izaryk, 207.647.3322 x1136