Bridgton Academy’s 2019 Homecoming Weekend will take place
September 27 – September 29, 2019!
We are excited to “welcome home” alumni, parents (past and present!), and friends of the Academy
to celebrate all-things Bridgton during this annual fun-filled fall weekend!
During Homecoming Weekend 2019, special recognition will be given to those alumni celebrating milestone reunions with graduation years ending in 9s and 4s. The Class of 1969 will celebrate its golden 50-year reunion during Homecoming Weekend 2019.
Schedule of Events
As the program of events for the weekend continues to take shape, here is our most current schedule of events:
Friday, September 27th:
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Registration – Humanities Center
- 8:00 am – 3:00 pm – Parents & Alumni attend classes – classrooms
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Parent-Teacher/Advisor meetings – offices
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm – School Day Lunch – Goldsmith Dining Hall
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm – Wolverine 9-Hole Golf Scramble for Alumni & Parents – Bridgton Highlands Country Club
- 4:00 pm – Wolverine Soccer vs. St. Joseph’s College – Turf Field
- 5:30 pm – Songo River Queen Homecoming Welcome Cruise – casual dinner served – Long Lake Dock, Naples – For those who prefer to eat on campus, dinner will also be available in Goldsmith Dining Hall at 5:30 pm
Saturday, September 28th:
- 8:00 – 11:30 am – Registration – Humanities Center – After 11:30, registration materials will be available under the Alumni Welcome tent at the athletic fields
- 8:00 am – 1:00 pm – Parent-Teacher/Advisor Meetings – offices
- 8:00 – 9:30 am – Breakfast served (alumni, parents, and students) – Goldsmith Dining Hall
- 9:00 am – College Counseling Financial Aid Workshop – Marcella Sands Lecture Hall, Humanities Center
- 10:30 am – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Goldsmith Dining Hall – on location
- 11:00 am – College Counseling Q&A – Marcella Sands Lecture Hall, Humanities Center
- 12:00 pm – Wolverine Football vs. Navy Prep – Turf Field
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm – Tailgate Cookout Lunch – Homecoming Tent at Turf Field
- 4:00 pm – Wolverine Lacrosse vs. Navy Prep – Turf Field
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm – “Taste of Maine” Tailgate Dinner – Homecoming Tent at Turf Field
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm – Alumni Reception – Homecoming Tent at Turf Field – Celebration & Recognition of reunion years
Sunday, September, 29th:
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm – Open House Brunch at Goldsmith Dining Hall – all are welcome
- 12:00 pm – Wolverine Baseball vs. Maine Lightning (DH) – Koop Field
Calling all alumni!
We invite you to join us in helping to make your reunion as memorable as your year here in North Bridgton! Please contact Sarah Gaines in Bridgton’s Office of Institutional Advancement to learn more about rallying your classmates by serving as a Class Representative.
Lodging and Accommodation Info
It is strongly advised that you make your area lodging reservations for Homecoming Weekend as soon as possible! With BA’s Homecoming Weekend, the Fryeburg Fair, and an abundance of “leaf peepers” in town, accommodations in the area tend to fill up very quickly. Please click here for more information about where to stay—and how to get here! We look forward to welcoming you to North Bridgton!
What is it really like to serve as a Class Representative?
Find out what two recent “Class Reps” have to say:
1965 (50-year reunion celebrated during Homecoming 2015)
|I truly enjoyed my involvement as a Class Rep in the preparation of our 50th reunion celebration. At first, I will admit that I was uncomfortable with the idea of serving as a Class Rep, but working in close coordination with Bridgton’s Alumni Office, and with the encouragement of our classmates to get involved, it resulted in a very rewarding and memorable endeavor. Reconnecting with classmates after 50 years is an incredible experience. In most correspondences, it seemed like no time had passed at all. For me, Bridgton was truly a ‘life‐changer’ and I am proud to have played a role in helping to bring our ’65 classmates together to celebrate this milestone year and occasion. We are already counting down to reunion‐year #55! ~ Tony Chinappi ’65|
1967 (50-year reunion celebrated during Homecoming 2017)
|When you think of 50 years and the time you spent at BA, it is hard not to think of the guys, the year, and the hundreds of stories that go with it. Serving as a Class Rep gives us the opportunity to reconnect and do something meaningful together again as a class. The best part, though, was reaching out to classmates. It was just like yesterday in terms of our relationship and was an amazing experience that I really enjoyed. Many of the guys I called I had not seen or spoken with since our graduation day, but everything seemed to melt away and it was like we were back in 1967. Certainly, it hits home to realize classmates are gone. The success of the Class of ’65’s 50th celebration impressed and inspired me to see what our class could also do to leave a gift in our name to the Academy. Mike Doyle – my ’67 classmate and best friend – and I got to talking about it, and we thought a multi-sport scoreboard was a goal we could reach financially since the school was working on major improvements to its athletic facility. It became especially enjoyable once we got Tim Braun ’67 and George Reid ’67 in board to help. Together with BA, we put together a road map of how to reach our goal. Of course, we are really proud of the 50-year reunion gift that our class gave our Academy; it will certainly outlive us. ~ Tim Armour ’67|