The Application Process
Bridgton Academy has a rolling admission policy.
We seek to enroll quality students with the ability to meet the demands of our program successfully and with the desire to contribute to the Academy by participating in all aspects of campus life.
The admission process at Bridgton Academy is designed to be an exchange of information between the young man and the Admission Office. Therefore, we invite prospective students and their families to visit our campus for a tour and interview. This visit provides an opportunity for the family to learn first-hand what makes the Bridgton community a dynamic environment of open, warm, and talented people, and for the Admissions Office to learn about the personal qualities and goals of the candidate.
In making an admission decision, Bridgton Academy considers not only a candidate’s high school grades and SAT or ACT scores, but also his:
- motivation to pursue a postgraduate year
- potential to succeed in the Bridgton Academy program
- commitment to this program
To make this determination, the following steps are required of all applicants:
The Application Process
- Visit Bridgton Academy’s Online Application to apply. Please note that Bridgton Academy has a rolling admission process, and applications are accepted at any time.
- As part of your application process, the following supplemental materials are required: copy of high school transcript, Character Recommendation, English Teacher Recommendation, and Math Teacher Recommendation.
- Schedule your interview: Interviews are conducted Monday through Friday, beginning at 8:00 AM. The visit begins with a guided tour, and concludes after your interview with an Admission Counselor. Candidates interested in playing a particular sport can also meet with a coach from their program during their campus visit.
- If you are planning to apply for Financial Aid, please visit our Tuition & Financial Aid page for specific directions on how to do so.
Once all application items have been received, Bridgton Academy will review your completed file and render an admission decision that will be sent to you via mail and email.
Congratulations! You have been accepted to Bridgton Academy. So, now what?!
In your acceptance package, you will have received a Bridgton Academy Enrollment Agreement. This document must be signed and returned to Bridgton Academy along with your enrollment deposit in order to secure your place in our incoming class.