The Application Process
We seek to enroll quality students with the ability to meet the demands of our program successfully and with the desire to contribute to the Academy by participating in all aspects of campus life.
The admission process at Bridgton Academy is designed to be an exchange of information between the young man and the Admission Committee. Therefore, we invite prospective students and their families to visit our campus for a tour and interview. This visit provides an opportunity for the family to learn first-hand what makes the Bridgton community a dynamic environment of open, warm, and talented people, and for the Admission Committee to learn about the personal qualities and goals of the candidate.
In making an admission decision, Bridgton Academy considers not only a candidate’s high school grades and SAT or ACT scores, but also his:
- motivation to pursue a postgraduate year
- potential to succeed in the Bridgton Academy program
- commitment to this program
To make this determination, the following steps are required of all applicants:
- Call or write to the Admission Office, or complete the online inquiry form to request an application.
- Schedule an interview at Bridgton Academy with the Admission Office. Interviews are conducted Monday through Friday, beginning at 8:00 a.m. The visit begins with a guided tour by a student, and concludes after the interview with an admission officer. Candidates interested in playing a particular sport may meet with the coach during the visit also. Typically, a visit lasts for two hours.
- Complete and mail the following forms to the Admission Office:
— Application, including the essay or use our Online Application
— High school transcript
— English teacher recommendation
— Math teacher recommendation
— Character reference
— SAT or ACT scores
- If applying for financial aid, complete and mail either the School and Student Service Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) or the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE form as soon as possible after January 1st.
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Bridgton Academy. So now what?
In your acceptance package you should have received an enrollment agreement. This should be signed by you and your parent or parents and returned with your enrollment deposit* in the envelope provided by the due date indicated in your acceptance letter. If you have been awarded a financial aid package, you should sign the award letter and send that back to us as soon as possible. If you are interested in obtaining financial aid but have not yet filed, please do so as soon as possible as financial aid is based on need and is awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
*Typically, the enrollment deposit is $3,000.
Financial aid is based on need and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.