Welcome to Bridgton Academy!
We are excited that you have an interest in our historic and venerable school. At Bridgton Academy, our goal is to help our students to develop the academic skills, study skills, self-discipline, maturity, and self-confidence needed to succeed in both college and life beyond.
We look forward to introducing you to our mission and program and invite you to explore our website to learn about the Bridgton difference. If you would like to speak with an Admission Counselor, please call (207) 647-3322, ext. 1, or fill out our Inquiry Form to learn more. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
What is the Bridgton Academy Difference?
Bridgton Academy is about creating opportunity. You have all the potential, and we are here to help you to achieve your goals by fostering and nurturing what you bring to the table. Bridgton Academy will provide you with challenging academics, a diverse student body, highly qualified faculty, small classes, and individual attention. Bridgton Academy is the industry leader; we offer the preeminent transitional experience between high school and college.
The United States Department of Education reports that more than half of all male students who begin college never complete it. Of those who do complete a bachelor’s degree, only 34 percent do so within four years. The average amount of time to college completion for young men is six years.
• Bridgton Academy alumni report a college retention rate of 70 percent.
• They also report an average completion rate of 4.5 years for a bachelor’s degree.
We help our students develop the academic skills, study skills, self-discipline, maturity, and self-confidence necessary to succeed in college, rather than just survive it.
Bridgton Academy is the only college preparatory school in the country whose student body is comprised of primarily postgraduate students*. We are not a high school that enrolls a small number of postgraduates into a senior class for a “repeat” of their senior year. We are able to emulate the college environment and experience, while providing structure and support.
*Bridgton Academy does enroll a small population of students who come to the Academy to complete their senior year of high school.
Our students have a common goal – to improve themselves and reach for their dreams. United by a similar purpose, our students develop a strong camaraderie among themselves, and life-long friendships are made. Positive peer pressure to achieve success in academics, athletics, and citizenship is widespread, and students help each other in all aspects of the program.
Combination of Structure, Support, and Independence
• We emulate the college environment and experience with the added safety net of our community and structure.
• Our rules and regulations are designed for the postgraduate student, and, as such, we provide more independence than students may have at high school.
• Our students take responsibility for themselves, just as they will need to do in college, but our faculty is here to ensure that this process is undertaken with guidance and support. Students will learn how to self-advocate, how to balance responsibility and freedom, and how to live away from home.
Fourteen College Courses for Transferable Credit
• A value-added service at Bridgton Academy is our College Articulation Program (CAP).
• Bridgton Academy partners with St. Joseph’s College of Maine and Plymouth State College to offer actual college courses on our campus that can earn students transferable credits upon matriculation to their college or university of choice.
NCAA Eligibility for Aspiring Collegiate Athletes
• Students participate in year-round athletics without starting their NCAA “clock”. Our athletic teams compete against collegiate programs, as well as the best prep schools in New England. Bridgton Academy students gain both exposure and experience, and leave better prepared for college competition.